Donkey Trekking UK & Ireland
You can go walking with donkeys in the UK & Ireland for a day or a week. Beautiful scenery, a picnic lunch, friends, family…and a donkey. What could be better? Search below for treks to suit all ages and abilities.
KEY DONKEY WELFARE POINTS:
- Training is provided on how to look after your donkey
- Your donkey doesn’t carry you, just your luggage
- Your donkey can carry a small child for limited periods
- Your donkey should carry no more than 40kg
- Your donkey will need regular breaks, with shade
- Your donkey will need access to clean drinking water
- Your donkey will need suitable accommodation at night
- You donkey will need hay in the morning and evening
DONKEY TREKKING in the UK
DONKEY TREKKING in SOUTH WEST ENGLAND
Donkey Walking Adventures Beaminster, Dorset
DONKEY TREKKING in WALES
Snowdonia Donkeys Tregarth, Gwynedd. Snowdonia Donkeys was established in 2013 to promote health and well-being through working and walking with donkeys in the local environment of North Wales. It is our mission to be a centre of excellence for the promotion of health and wellbeing of people and donkeys.
“My 12 year old daughter and I had a wonderful day with the donkeys and Ruth from Snowdonia Donkeys. We got to immerse ourselves in all things donkey and had lots of one-to-one time with the donkeys. Ruth showed us how to groom the donkeys, we got involved with feeding, mucking out and we took Nutmeg and Norman for a walk. It was an amazing day.”
DONKEY TREKKING in the REPUBLIC of IRELAND
DONKEY TREKKING in EAST IRELAND
Clissman Donkey Walking Co. Wicklow
DONKEY TREKKING in WEST IRELAND
Slieve Aughty Centre Donkey Walking Holidays Co. Galway
Please note: Trekking venues are subject to change. Please check for up-to-date information before travelling. Donkey Wise cannot accept any responsibility for bookings made using links on this page.
Copyright 2016 Amy Swift